REBECCA W. GEYER
Rebecca W. Geyer is the founder of Rebecca W. Geyer & Associates, PC where her practice concentrates in estate planning, estate and trust administration, elder law, tax planning, and business services. A board certified Indiana trust and estate specialist* and a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Rebecca is also an adjunct professor of elder law at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law.
Rebecca completed her undergraduate degree at Indiana University, majoring in Political Science. She went on to earn her Juris Doctor in 1998 at the Indiana University Maurer School of Law. An avid volunteer in both the legal community and the Indianapolis community at large, Rebecca often speaks and writes on estate planning and elder law topics, and annually provides pro bono legal services to individuals through her work with the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Albert and Sara Reuben Senior Resource and Community Center.
As a frequent lecturer and seminar presenter, Rebecca has authored numerous seminars with ICLEF, ISBA, IBA, and National Business Institute. Her recent presentations include “Trust Decanting,” “Estate Planning with Retirement Plans,” “Alternatives to Guardianship,” “Elder Law Update,” “Estate Planning Under Our Guardianship Statutes,” and “Estate Planning for Same-Sex Couples in Light of Obergefell.”
Rebecca is President-Elect of the Indianapolis Bar Association, Past President of the Indianapolis Bar Foundation, a former Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Indiana State Bar Association, and a Past President of the Indiana Section of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). She served on the Board of Governors of the Indiana State Bar Association from 2016-2018. Since 2014, Rebecca has been named to the prestigious list of Super Lawyers® for estate planning, and has been designated as one of the top 50 attorneys in Indiana and one of the top 25 women lawyers in Indiana since 2016 by Law & Politics Magazine and Indianapolis Monthly. In 2022, Super Lawyers® recognized Rebecca as a top 10 attorney in Indiana. Rebecca was also named to the Indianapolis Business Journal’s 2014 40 Under 40 Class, which recognizes individuals making a difference in their professions and communities prior to the age of 40. In 2018, Rebecca was recognized by the Indianapolis Bar Association for service to the profession, and was awarded the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Dr. John Morton Finney Award for Excellence in Legal Education in 2013. Rebecca also volunteers in the community where she serves as Past President of Congregation Beth-El Zedeck, and Treasurer of the Indianapolis Section of the National Council of Jewish Women.
Rebecca is immediate past chair of the Indianapolis Bar Association’s Estate Planning and Administration Section, and a member of its Women and the Law Division. Her professional memberships also include the Probate, Trust and Real Property Section and the Elder Law Section of the Indiana State Bar Association, the Indiana Probate Review Committee, Estate Planning Council of Indiana, and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Rebecca was recognized as a distinguished fellow by the Indianapolis Bar Foundation in 2010.
*Certified by the Indiana Trust and Estate Specialty Board
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Tax Planning
- Business Services
- American Bar Association, Member, 1999
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 1999
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Secretary
- Indianapolis Bar Foundation, Past President
- Elder Law Section, Indiana State Bar Association, Former Chair
- Indiana State Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2016 to 2018
- Estate Planning and Administration Section, Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Women and the Law Division, Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- Probate, Trust and Real Property Section
- Indiana Probate Review Committee
- Estate Planning Council of Indiana
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Indianapolis Bar Association, First Vice-President
- An Unknown Future: The Internet Domain Name System, Federal Communications Law Journal, Spring, 1999
- Indiana, 1999
- Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
- J.D. - 1998
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science