- Electronic Deposit Insurance Calculator tool at https://www.fdic.gov/edie . This tool indicates whether all of your money in different banks is covered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Social Security Administration’s list of 228 medical conditions for which disability claims will be expedited. This may be found at https://www.socialsecurity.gov/compassionateallowances.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance’s “Family Care Navigator”, which helps families locate government, nonprofit, and private caregiver support programs, may be found at https://www.caregiver.org/family-care-navigator.
Here are four other “hip pocket” resources named by the National Council for Aging Care:
- PACE® – Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly coordinate all the types of care a senior living at home might need, including medical care, personal care, rehabilitation, social interaction, medications, and transportation. Phone number is 1 800 MEDICARE; website is https://PACE4You.org.
- Eldercare Locator – This is a free national service of the US Administration on Aging. It helps find local resources such as legal, financial, caregiving, home repair, and transportation. Phone number is 1-800-677-1116; website is https://www.eldercare.gov.
- Healthfinder is a service under the U.S. depart. Of Health and Human Services. The website provides links to health-related websites, support and self-help groups, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations that assist seniors.
- The National Directory of Home Modification and Repair Resources helps find qualified local services and professionals to modify and renovate seniors’ homes. The website is http://homemods.org/directory/index.shtml.
- wills and trusts
- advance directives
- estate administration
- veterans benefits
- special needs planning
- business services
- dispute resolution
Essentially, at Geyer Law, we’re all about things you need to know, either right now, or perhaps when life throws you or your family a “curve ball”!